Monday, April 29, 2013

Demos from the PleinAir Convention in Monterey, California

I was honored to be a faculty member at the PleinAir Convention this year where I did several demos indoor and outdoor. Here are some of the photos from the Convention:





I was essentially demonstrating the material covered on my DVD, The Techniques of the Hudson River School Masters

with a very limited palette of ochre, naples yellow, venetian red, burnt sienna, ultramarine blue, black, burnt umber, white

The DVD demo!
There were also a couple outdoor painting days where I used the methods above to work from Nature.

Asilomar Beach demo:




Erik Koeppel "Asilomar Beach, Monterey, CA" 7 x 11 in. Oil on panel
Point Lobos demo:








Erik Koeppel "Point Lobos, Carmel, California" 10 x 16 in. Oil on panel
To learn more about how this was done, have a look at my DVD, Q & A, Excerpt, About, Order

Still to come: paintings of the Big Sur Coastline, painting the Yosemite Valley, and photos from the Exeter Artist Talk.

Thank you for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment