Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Fruitlands Museum Artist Talk Sunday Afternoon, Oct 4th 1-2pm

Erik Koeppel "Mt. Chocorua" 12 x 20 inches. Oil on panel
Please join me this Sunday for an Artist Talk at the Fruitlands Museum in Harvard, MA.

I'll be speaking on the gallery floor of their new exhibition, Hidden Hudson, a collection of 19th c. American Landscape paintings from the Hudson River and White Mountain Schools. I will also bring several of my own paintings for discussion. The lecture will include tales from my personal artistic development as well as broader themes in American landscape painting, and the relevance of this kind of painting in the modern industrialized world. My hope is to inspire you with the important role that landscape painting can have in your daily life.

The Hidden Hudson exhibition will include numerous works that have not been on display in recent years by top American artists such as George Inness, Thomas Cole, Asher B. Durand, Frederic Edwin Church, John F. Kensett, Jasper F. Cropsey, and their contemporaries. I've previewed the catalog, and it looks like a great show.

 Please follow this link for lecture information on the Fruitlands Museum website:
http://www.fruitlands.org/events,hidden-husdon-lecture

I'll see you at the museum!



P.S. I've heard from the publisher that my 2nd DVD is not far from completion. Here's the 1st one:

link










INCLUDES


  • Composition Sketch
  • Outdoor Plein Air Study
  • Outdoor Tree at Sunset Study
  • Glazing Demonstration
  • Studio Painting
  • Interview with Fine Art Connoisseur Publisher, B. Eric Rhoads
  • Exhibit of Koeppel paintings
  • 9:37 run time (hours)






No comments:

Post a Comment