Thursday, November 15, 2012

Art Dealer Messes with Texas at the Theta Antiques Show in Houston, TX

Erik Koeppel "In the Catskills" 41 x 41 inches Oil on Canvas
Those who know my work know that I show and sell frequently beside historic artwork, particularly beside 19th Century American Landscape Paintings from the Hudson River School. That's why Joe Panarelli, the Director of McColl Fine Art, decided to hang my paintings beside Alfred Thompson Bricher, George Inness, and others at the 60th Annual Theta Charity Antiques Show in Houston, TX this weekend.  Although I don't have all the details, I've heard from Joe that there was a dispute at the show on hanging day as to whether my work should be allowed to hang. It was not because of the quality of the work, but because of my birth year, 1980. My understanding is that words were spoken, and voices were raised with the authorities at the show, but in the end my paintings were allowed to hang!

So with special thanks to Joe Panarelli and McColl Fine Art, I'm happy to say that my paintings are currently on view at the Theta Antiques Show. I hope if you're in Houston you'll check it out, and see for yourself if I should be allowed to hang beside Bricher or not.

?

The following paintings, and more will be at the show:

Erik Koeppel "Red Rock Canyon" 10 x 16 in.

Erik Koeppel "The Wildcat River " 13.5 x 10.5 inches Oil on canvas

Erik Koeppel "A Whitredge Pool" 16 x 12 inches Oil on panel

Announcements:

Rehs Galleries, Inc. is my new representative in NYC. Click Here to see the first couple of paintings, and check for more updates soon. 
 


THE INSTRUCTIONAL DVD IS HERE:
Order here:
Techniques of the Hudson River School Masters with Erik Koeppel
www.hudsonriverdvd.com







Upcoming Workshops:
Subscribe here by email to keep up to date. All workshops will be posted.

Koeppel Paintings On View:
Continually:
Rehs Galleries New York City, NY (click here) new work recently added
McColl Fine Art in Charlotte, NC (click here) 
The Banks Gallery in Portsmouth, NH (click here) 
Art Renewal Center Living Master Gallery: (click here)
New Hampshire Antiques Co-op (see some works still available)
 
Special Exhibitions:
-Dallas Art, Antique and Jewelry Show with Rehs Galleries from November 9 - 12, 2012 was a success!
 
-Hudson River Revisited at McColl Fine Art from November 1st-Dec. 6th, 2012
-60th Annual Theta Charity Antique Show  with McColl Fine Art Nov. 14 -18 in Houston, TX 
 
Thank you for reading! 

Erik Koeppel Studio
P.O. Box 325 
Jackson, NH 03846

Erik@ErikKoeppel.com
ph: 603-383-7062
 

No comments:

Post a Comment