Sunday, June 24, 2012

Full House Hypnotized by Muse at Koeppel Lecture

Yesterday I had a very enjoyable afternoon presenting my lecture, The Epic View: A Revival of the Hudson River School  at the New Hampshire Antiques Co-op. I spoke about the journey that I've taken to arrive at painting in the historic mode, and the philosophy that is behind this kind of painting. Special thanks to the Hackler family for hosting and promoting the lecture, and to everyone who attended. I appreciate your engagement with the talk, and enjoyed the couple hours of questions that followed!

Here are some of my notes for those who missed the event (I think you can read them if you save the file and zoom in)   

Clipping from the Telegraph 6.17.12
Lauren Sansaricq sold a painting too!

We had a lovely time at this event, and if you missed it, I hope you'll join me and Bob Cotrell for my next lecture at the Wild Land: Thomas Cole and the Birth of American Landscape Painting where I'll talk about everything that I love about Thomas Cole, and how he inspired historic American painting as well as my own work, and the current revival of traditional landscape painting. The event will be held at the Keene State College, Thorne Sagendorph Gallery on the evening of Thursday, June 28. Please email the gallery for details by clicking here

I'll also have some paintings on view at that exhibition. More to follow.

Here are some of my paintings still on exhibition at the NHAC:
Erik Koeppel, "Sunrise over the Hudson" 44 x 72 inches. Oil on canvas

Erik Koeppel, "In the Clove" 20 x 16 inches. Oil on panel

Erik Koeppel, "Mt. Chocorua" 14 x 24 inches. Oil on canvas, Private Collection

Erik Koeppel, "Echo Lake, Franconia" 24 x 36 inches. Oil on canvas

Thank you for reading!

Announcements:
Lecture Thursday!
Keene State College, Thorne Sagendorph Gallery, June 28 in conjunction with the exhibition, Wild Land: Thomas Cole and the Birth of American Landscape Painting, which will include three of my paintings as evidence of Cole's influence today. Exhibit info click here. Lecture details to follow, or contact the Gallery.

Competition:
I'll be judging the Teaching Studios of Art, Plein Air Competition, July 13 and 14, (click here for competition details) I'll give a talk at the competition. Please stop in if you're in the NYC area. 

Upcoming Instructional DVD:
Techniques of the Hudson River School Masters with Erik Koeppel
www.hudsonriverdvd.com

Upcoming Workshops:
July 5th to July 8th, 2012: Traditional Oil Painting at the Wentworth Hotel: elegant wine, food, and accommodations alongside a weekend of painting in the White Mts. Click here for details

July 16th to 26th, 2012: Through the Grand Central Academy of Art: Paint with us in the White Mountains alongside the Hudson River Fellowship for 10 days. Click here for details

On View:
Continual:
Wally Findlay Galleries in NYC and Palm Beach (click here)

McColl Fine Art in Charlotte, NC (click here)

The Museum of White Mt. Art at Jackson, NH contact info@jacksonhistory.org to visit

The Banks Gallery in Portsmouth, NH (click here)

Exhibitions:
New Hampshire Antiques Co-op (click here)
Landscapes of the White Mountain and Hudson River Schools

Thorne Sagendorph Art Gallery at Keene College in conjunction with Wild Land: Thomas Cole and the Birth of American Landscape Painting


1 comment:

  1. Glad it went well - good crowd! Looking forward to your DVD.

    ReplyDelete